Many women feel overwhelmed by all the decisions they have to make. We offer education on all of their options so women can make a fully informed decision about which path to take.
For women already thinking about abortion, how far she is will determine whether she has a medical abortion or surgical abortion. Medication abortions involve taking a series of drugs to cause fetal demise and then expel the pregnancy. A doctor prescribes both. This is potentially reversible. Surgical abortion procedures vary and are determined by how far along a woman is in her pregnancy. This is not reversible.
We offer more in-depth education and answers to a woman’s questions during her appointment.
We are not an adoption agency, and we don’t facilitate adoptions. We can educate men and women on making an adoption plan, what is involved, and how they can control the entire process. The birth mother (and father, if available) choose everything, including the couple who would raise their child. We also make referrals to adoption agencies in our area if they request them.
If a woman and man are considering parenting, we talk through what that would look like for them and help create a plan if they choose.
Click here for a full listing of our programs and classes we offer.
Client Advocate-Led Education
- Two-Year Parenting Program
- I’m Pregnant, Now What?
- Understanding Pregnancy
- Taking Back My Life
- Co-parenting with an Ex
- Principles of Money Management
- Sexual Integrity
- Healthy Relationship Habits
- Pregnancy Basics
- Exercise and Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Childbirth Education
- Birth Planning Consultation
- Newborn Care
- Newborn Care for Moms and Dads
- Breastfeeding 101
- Postpartum Session
- Infant CPR
- Pregnant Women Who Are Survivors of Abuse
When dealing with challenges, having a good support system can make the difference between a couple having an ongoing struggle and having a beautiful, positive, successful outcome.
Soundview is committed to being part of a young parents’ support system. We know there are changes physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, relationally, and more with pregnancy. We are here to help parents successfully navigate those changes.
Soundview’s comprehensive support system, rich with valuable services, will guide parents along the way. All of our services are provided in a caring, friendly, confidential environment.
Soundview Parenting Program
Duration: When a woman or couple begins their pregnancy journey at Soundview until two years after the baby’s birth
What they get:
- Nurse Consultation: Speak to a registered nurse for help navigating the healthcare system, medical information, pregnancy questions, and referrals.
- Birth Planning Consultation: Exclusively for members. Learn more about Birth Planning
- Social Work Consultation: Our Care Coordinator is a kind and caring professional who can assist her in connecting with valuable resources that can help her with issues like housing, unemployment, health insurance issues, transportation, material resources, and more. She can answer her questions and provide emotional support as well.
- A dedicated Pregnancy Coach. This is a trained, caring person who truly wants to walk alongside her during pregnancy and beyond. They are a listening ear, a cheerleader, a resource, a pregnancy companion, so she never has to feel alone. In addition to being a friend, the coach has access to educational videos on a multitude of topics related to what she is going through that can be texted to her or watched and discussed together in person. Her coach is also a resource for referrals for help with other issues that may come up. Her coach can be a go-to support person during this time of change.
- First Priority for Class Registration: Our parenting program members receive first priority for our classes, including:
- Pregnancy Basics
- Breastfeeding 101
- Newborn Care: Understanding Your Newborn
- Newborn Care: Practical Skills
- Childbirth Education and more.
Classes are developed by a Registered Nurse with certifications in Health Education and Childbirth Education and can be conducted in person or live online.
- Material Assistance: All members of our parenting program receive diapers and wipes at each coaching visit. We also help them obtain other needed items such as a car seat, stroller, crib, etc. For more information on material assistance, please visit our Material Assistance Page.
- First Priority for Free Ultrasounds. Soundview periodically conducts ultrasound training that requires model patients. Our parenting program members receive priority for free sonograms, including pictures of their baby, a gift card, and occasionally additional free gifts.
- Lactation consulting for members who request help with breastfeeding.
Next Step Dads is a team of fathers committed to coaching dads as they make life decisions that will impact future generations. Next Step Dads is available without charge to any father, regardless of age or stage of life.
Our Confidential Services Include:
- Family and marriage guidance
- Pre-marriage guidance
- Post-abortive care
- Financial and career guidance
- Parenting training
- Practical resources to help him take the Next Step.
Our Next Step Dad coaches are available at various times throughout the week to offer hope and help. If you know of any dads needing support, e-mail us at Nextstepdads@gmail.com.